Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installment without generating an Invoice

paul_ngatia
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In a scenario where one receives 2 or 3 installment payments over a period of time without generating an invoice, is it possible to create a report from SAP Business One 9.0 PL05 that displays the advance payments and balance due?

Also is it possible to define a payment schedule for expected payments over a period of time?

Regards,

Paul.

shahbaz_akbar
Participant
0 Kudos

As you all know that with Downs Payments (request or invoice) it is not allowed to have more than one installment whatever is configured in the payment terms. I don't understand why this limitation has been introduced sap b1. Please suggest any workaround for Payment Plans or installments in this scenario. my client also has a real estate business ( Building with name AJ Tower ) and their customers buy Apartments, Offices, and commercial shops.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

paul_ngatia
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

After defining the payment terms, is it possible to activate/edit the down-payment installments. See attached screenshots.

Regards,

Paul.

Former Member

Hi Paul,

I had finally the time to do some tests... And surprisingly you're correct: it seems that with Downs Payments (request or invoice) it is not allowed to have more than one installement whatever is configured in the payment terms.

As much I can think on the reasons why it is done so, as much I don't understand why this limitation as been introduced.

Besides this, you can always generate as many Down Payments that you want from a single Sales Order. It'll give more work, but at the end you'll what you want.

Asides from this, the Reserve Invoice works has expected.

I did a full test... And if you want to have "from scratch" a full view of the non-paid installments (aging, for example) it is mandatory to use one of the invoice's types (Down Payment or Reserve) and my preference goes to the Down Payment, since the generated JE correspond more to the reality of the operation (payment in advance) than for the reserve invoice (revenue will be book).

Regards,

Eric

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please explain your actual process to understand, then only it is possible to write a query.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

May you explain a bit more your scenario?

Is it something like:

The company has customers, which are buying what is produced. Customer's are paying over time (company is collecting money, acting as a bank) and when the amount of the willing thing to buy is reached, then the invoice is emited goods is given and everything is reconciled?

This is something like this?

If yes, why not emitting a sales order and from it a Down Payment for 100% of the order? Customer can then pay the down payment on any number of terms, you have the balance due for the operation and while creating the Down Payment, you can define a "negociated number of terms" (this has nothing to do with how customer will really pay) which will give e negociated schedule.

If I'm mistaken, please explain a bit more your needs.

Regards,

Eric

paul_ngatia
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

Thank you for response. The client is in real estate (property sales and development) industry and like you stated their customers buy assets (piece of land or building) in installments over a given period of time. Therefore, I wish to find out whether it is possible to create a report in SAP Business One that would display the deposits and amount due. See attached a sample manual reservation form.

Regards,

Paul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

All in all, one document (at least) have to be booked inside Business One to materialize the contract, the amount due and the amount paid.

If the link has to exist between this "contract" and the payments, you have only two solutions:

• Invoice (Reserve or regular),
  • Down payment.

I prefer personally the Reserve Invoice... But I understand that the company won't see the word invoice before the end of the payments, so the best solution is the one described in my previous message.

Regards,

Eric

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

If there is no invoice created, how do you define the balance due?

Thanks,

Gordon