Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual entry of Sub-items in Sales order overview screen

sivashankar_b
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We use Variant Configuration and after Configuring the product, the BOM items will get resulted in sales order overview screen as header item and sub-items.

After resulting, we have a requirement of adding manual entry of materials as shown in the screenshot. (The highlighted item in yellow to be entered manually).

Currently in VOV8, we have maintained the Item increment no. and Sub-item increment no. as shown below.

Now the issue is, the system does not allow us to enter the item no. 410 as shown in above example and displays the error as "enter item number below 400 or above 500".

If you any solution to achieve this requirement, request you to help with the details.

Sivashankar B.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can see you are trying to add sub item to a sub item and for sub item the number level is already fixed. ( 10 or 20 ...). If you want to add it at this level it should be the next available number, as per your screen shot example, next item could be added as 80.

Could you please explain how this manual addition will be used further in process and something could be suggested based upon that.

Thanks

RD

sivashankar_b
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh Dube,

In the above screenshot, the Child KMAT-1 is at item 10 and Child KMAT-2 is at item 50. The items below the Child KMAT-1 are from 20 to 40, these are BOM items of Child KMAT-1 resulted from Configuration. There is a business requirement that for Child KMAT-1, there are some items to be entered manually above the Child KMAT-2 (item 50).

This quotation is purely for pricing purpose only, no other further processing is involved.

Hope this give you a clarity, if still more information is needed, please let me know.

Thanks

Sivashankar B.

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Change sub item increment to 10 instead of 100. ThanksRD
sivashankar_b
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh Dube,

Thank you for reply. If we change the sub-item increment as 10, still the system displays the error as "enter item number below 40 or above 50". Please refer the scenario mentioned below and if you have any solution, let me know.

Sivashankar B.

sivashankar_b
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Ritz, Still the requirement is not solved. Please refer the below details and if there are any solutions available, let me know.