cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MRP Live : create planned orders vs PR's

Ahmed_Yahya
Participant
0 Kudos

in classic MRP MD01, we have the option to either create planned order or purchase requisition.

where can I find this option in MD01N ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

DominikTylczyn
Active Contributor

Hello hobbyist

You don't find it in MRP Live. That's another "simplification" of MRP Live.

See the notes 2640393 - Differences between t-code MD01N and classic MRP t-codes MD01/MD02/MD03

MRP live on HANA always creates purchase requisitions for externally procured materials and schedule lines if there is valid scheduling agreement or source list with scheduling agreement. MRP live on HANA always creates planned orders for inhouse production materials.

and 2268085 - S4TWL - MRP Live on SAP HANA - MD01N

The creation indicator for purchase requisitions is not available in MRP Live. MRP Live always creates purchase requisitions if the material is procured externally.

In my mind, that is not a good change, but that's what it is.

Best regards

Dominik Tylczynski

Ahmed_Yahya
Participant

thanks a lot

totally agree, that is not a good change

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hello

Indeed, MRP Live can only create purchase requisitions for materials procured externally.

However, a new feature was introduced in S/4HANA 2020 which allows you to control when the purchase requisitions will be handed over to purchasing. Check the following blog for more details:

https://blogs.sap.com/2021/10/04/sap-s-4hana-2020-hand-over-purchase-requisitions-created-by-mrp/

In the past I have worked with customers who really wanted to have planned orders generated by MRP and we were able to implement the AMDP BAdI PPH_MRP_SOURCING_BADI and influence the value of field DELKZ.

Regards,
Caetano

loganathc
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello Almeida,

I'm also facing the same issue, when we try to implement the BADIPPH_MRP_SOURCING_BADI, we do the see any values flowing in it to influnce the field DELKZ.

If you could help on this it would be great.

Thanks

Logan