cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OVS for selecting customer contract and sales order items

geronimo31011
Participant

Hi all,

I need one or two OVS for selecting a customer contract on the one hand and a sales order item on the other hand. In the `/SAP_BYD_APPLICATION_UI/fin/Reuse/AccountingCodingBlockDistribution_EC.EC.uicomponent` this is done by the OVS `/SAP_BYD_APPLICATION_UI/crm/ovs/crmbtditemid/QueryByElements.OVS.uicomponent`. However this OVS is not in a reusable mode, this means I cannot use it. So i suppose i'll have to create an OVS myself? It is not the first time I'm creating an OVS, but this is the first time I want to use an item node instead of a root node. I tried to use a SADL query and I bound the data list to the item node of the BO. For the selection I choosed ToRoot.ID . As a precondition the customer contract id and the sales order id are available and should be used to select the right BO instance. This is the error message which appears when I'm trying to activate the OVS view in the UI Designer:

UI Designer has caught an exception. XRepositoryException (4)joinPath in query parameter invalid. Reason: Invalid model: association does not exist traversing path -.ToRoot-~ID-~content SADL View generation failed An exception was raised Error occurred when SP CL_XREP_PROVIDER_UICOMP checks file /XXXXXX_MAIN/SRC/CustomerContractItemID.OVS.uicomponent Error occurred in check method of SP

I have already searched for the problem but found no answer. Maybe someone can help me?

Kind regards,
Michael

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member206060
Contributor

Hello Michael,

This error usually happens if you have a search parameter that is bound to the root BO and there is no such element in BO but a query parameter is created for this. For this reason, activation may be failing. Here the respective change transaction shall be identified and deleted as well to resolve the issue.

However in order to confirm the exact root cause, you can create an incident at SAP Support.

Thanks,

Dhanya

geronimo31011
Participant

Hello Dhanya,

great! It works! Exactly, that was the problem. I solved it by creating the SADL query again.

Thanks,
Michael

Answers (0)