cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post internal expenses (like wages) to Asset under construction w/o using Vendor or PO

rkathait
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

For one of our Software implementation project, we need to capitalize some personnel expenses (of the internal implementation team), apart from the software cost. We created intangible asset under construction XXXXXX and would like to post all costs for this implementation into it, and after the implementation is done, transfer asset under construction to real asset, which will be deprecated during the usual lifetime of asset. As these costs are internal (apart from the software cost), we don't have specific vendor or PO. The posting should to be:

Debit asset GL account YYYYYY asset XXXXXX

Credit different salary GL accounts

This Asset GL YYYYYY is Recon. Type and therefore I cannot make manual posting directly to this GL account with usual GL posting FB50.

Which transaction(s) I can use for manually posting this internal cost to the AUC w/o having a PO or Vendor?

Best Regards,

rkathait
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

Any ideas on how to achieve this... or is it possible to add expenses to an AUC without Vendor / Order?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi rkathait

I understand that you have created an AuC Asset master and you want to post expenses against the same. If that is the case, you can use F-90 or FB01 to post this entry. You should pass the entry with posting key as "70" and debit the AuC Asset Master. The corresponding opposite entry can be passed with Posting Key as "50" to salary payable. You should use a document type which allows posting to GL as well as fixed asset, which you need to check in OBA7.

Hope this helps

Thanks & Regards

Sanil Bhandari

rkathait
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you Sanil Bhandari,

I had checked these two Transactions with AA Doc Type but was using 70 and 75 posting keys... my bad. I have now posted the transaction using FB01 with AA Doc Type and 020 Transaction Key (this our business team needs to confirm). Hopefully it should work... if there is any more query from business, I will come back here. Thank you again.

Regards

Answers (0)