Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price difference at GRPO on cancellation

pradyuman_singh
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

User had done a standard GRPO transaction with financial impact while after many of GRPO has been raised, thereafter I am cancelling that GRPO with the same respect quantity then SAP system carrying price difference amount in respected ledger.

The issue is it should not be carry price difference amount because the cancellation quantity I am keeping in warehouse.

Please provide solution asap.

For your reference I attached screen shots of transactions.

former_member186605
Active Contributor

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member225732
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear SAP USER,

If you reevaluate or not, at the end it will hit your expense account...

1. if you reevaluate item cost: This will impact on revaluation account which lies in Expense.

2. if you not reevaluate and cancel GRPO: This time it will impact on price diff account which is again in Expense.

So just understand why it is showing you difference in GRPO amt and cancellation amount and try to avoid such case in future.

As off now if you use step 1 or step 2: It will impact on ledger from Expense which will be under Material Exp.

Hope you clear now and revert for any issue.

Best regards,

Sandesh Shinde

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member225732
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear SAP USER,

May be below cause this issue:

1. Your item having Moving average valuation method or Batch/Serial with Same batch serial(In that case it calculate price as moving avg for that batch).

2. After you received that material, due to valuation method SAP calculate its price.

3. Again you received material, you have made GRPO, then SAP again reevaluate its item cost as per moving average.

4. After step 2 or step 3 you got to know that your earlier GRPO is not correct and you need to cancel it.

5.Else you revaluate item cost and not trying to cancel GRPO.

So when you are trying to cancel it, SAP will show you price difference if your GRPO price and System current Item cost not matching.

Please check and revert if you this not solved your issue.

Best Regards,

Sandesh Shinde

pradyuman_singh
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for your response,

1. If i reevaluate item before GRPO cancelltion then at the time of cancellation i think it will not hit price difference account because item cost has been change, therefore in item revaluation ledgers(price difference account) will be credited always in future.

2. but if i reevaluate item after GRPO cancellation then the qty will not be exits in WHS then i can't do i reevaluate of item.