Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quality Checking during GR

former_member585436
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

The scenario is as follows

Company purchases raw material from Vendor eg.Nickel Alloy and does quality checking wherein he enters the % of molubdenum,cobalt etc.

The result recording above is sent to the supervisor who might change the result recording and then GR is done against a new batch.

When I am doing the GR against the PO the stock is moving into QC stock and inspection lot is created automatically.

My question is how to set the characteristics in this case % of molybdenum,% of cobalt etc. and where will the user enter the tested value and how to do 2 levels of QC against a single material.

Please can someone help me since I am stuck here.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your question is not quite clear yet. It sounds like you are doing results recording already as you say the result recording is sent to the supervisor. Then you say the receipt is done against a new batch. Why? I'm not quite following.

I'm not sure your question is how to set it up for two levels or if it is about setting up characteristics.

Typically in what you described as two levels of QC we would simply handle as results recording followed by the UD.

The technician records the results in the inspection lot and locks them down.

The supervisor reviews the results from QA11 while making the UD. If the supervisor has a reason to modify or correct an entry, they go back into results recording, unlock the characteristic and make the change. Then go back and make the UD.

If that doesn't answer your question, you need to be a lot more specific on what you want your business process to be. Please make sure you are very clear about what is being done in SAP and what is being done on paper or manually.

Craig

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member2091
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

How are you recording results now, that are being sent to supervisor? Is it manual?

You can create a Inspection lot as soon as you receive material, have result recording done on it and then it can go to supervisor.

Then supervisor can decide where to post the stock, you can have different postings based on results.

Prasath
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Saurav,

If the Inspection to be always two level ,make sure that results will be closed by manually.

1st level will be result as per the Inspector.

2nd level will be always closing result by Supervisor (During UD system will pop up that force closing UD or wants close the result) So that supervisor can prose the result if required.

Thanks & Regards,

Prasath E

anand_shukla
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Saurav,

Unless and untill you dont post the GR, How system can understand you have received a material ?

As per your scenario first you can create manual inspection and do the result recording.

once get it approved by Quality and GR posting new inspection lot will generate here you can copy the result from one inspction lot to another inspction lot.

Remaining result recording can be enter after GR.