Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Custom field by Key User extensibility and developer extensibility

dennyy_1986
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am a beginner for S/4 Hana and abap. I need to use both key user extensibility and developer extensibility for our extension. we need to use developer extensibility to create custom application job template and catalog entries which used to update the custom field which created by key user tool. Here I have serval questions about. Can anyone give me some ideas on them?

1. How to use the custom field created by key user tool developer extensibility (abap cloud project)?

2. Is there anyway to create custom field by developer extendibility? I find a document about it. But I don't quite understand it. For example, I want to add a custom field in "Sales Document", how can I find the table in the project? And when I tried to add a structure, it returned error "SAP Object TABL [name] cannot be assigned to package [packagname]".

3. I know the transport tool in S/4Hana cloud and S/4Hana(private and onPrem) are different. So If the packages we created based on S/4 Hana cloud, can it be imported into S/4Hana(private and onPrem) directly?

Thanks

OwenLiu
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Removed irrelevant tags.

Tayane
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

We helped you to accept the answer, since there were no updates after 7 days.

You can unaccept it anytime if the answer provided was not helpful enough and you have further questions

View Entire Topic
AndreaBasalo
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Denny,

Answering your questions.

[1] A Custom Field created in Key User Extensibility can be used in the following Developer Extensibility objects: ABAP Classes and Interfaces, CDS View Entities and CDS Custom Entities (Key User Extensibility).

[2] Yes, it is possible to create custom fields in developer extensibility but it is not recommended. SAP strongly recommends creating custom fields with the Custom Field application (Custom Fields in S/4HANA: Key User versus Developer Extensibility). As stated in [1], custom fields created in key user extensibility provide a wide range of possibilities to be consumed in developer extensibility.

The documentation under Enabling the Database Tables is not public cloud specific. Please, refer to Development Objects with Release Contracts Overview and Enabling Data Model Extensions.

[3] You can check

Thank you and best regards,

Andrea