Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add steps to a job using JOB_SUBMIT through abap report

narendra_gupta1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want an example showing how to add steps to a Job using FM JOB_SUBMIT.

Requirement goes as 3 dependent jobs should run one after another only after the previous job is finished and I want to add them as steps in one job and execute it through an ABAP report.

How can this be achieve? how many JOB_CLOSE and JOB_SUBMIT FMs will be required and in what ordered?

Note : It is must that this should be achieved through a report and not using SM36.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Naren

former_member746071
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra Gupta,

I have the exact requirement as you mentioned like I need to execute 3 reports from single T-code and and jobs must run sequentially like job1 of 1st report completed then job2 of 2nd report execute, if job2 of 2nd report completed, then job3 of 3rd report should execute, So, how did you achieved this?if possible , can you share the code?

View Entire Topic
DominikTylczyn
Active Contributor

The sequence of calls to create a single job with three steps:

1. JOB_OPEN
  2. JOB_SUBMIT for each job step
  3. JOB_CLOSE

Refer to the SAP documentation of each function.

Dominik Tylczynski

narendra_gupta1
Explorer
0 Kudos
Thanks Dominic. I know the sequence but these are dependent Jobs and have to be executed programmatically in order .Whatever I am doing is not working and leaving all 3 jobs in Scheduled status and not released one after another one the previous Job is completed.

Also, I already went through documentation couldn't find any proper example that support my requirement. Help me if you have any idea regarding the same.

0 Kudos

Hi 3a9e4ce873a94034b33dc62b0ce600ee,

Can you pls Guide me How to utilize Thus JOB_SUBMIT FM. While i am calling this FM in my report program it will not working Properly.