cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AFAB dynamic variant creation for Posting period.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Business Requirement :

Business want to run AFAB transaction code every month automatically with schedule job.

system should pick present month period in posting period field.

i checked in variant creation  against posting period there is no dynamic " D " in selection variable column.

how can i fix this.

View Entire Topic
former_member189209
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

set as a background job as per schedule time & date ask to Basis team set this automatic time & date

take with help of Basis team & Abap team

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All.

First read my Requirement clearly.

after that give answers.

With Kind Regards,

Shaik Jani Basha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In our client also we do monthly depreciation automatic job. Since, dynamic variables are not allowed by RAPOST2000 program, we have used 2 TVARVC's - one for period and one for year and used them in the variant with "T" in the selection variable.

Please note that the TVARVC's need to be updated monthly and yearly respectively before the depreciation run job so that the job runs for the correct period and year.

Regards

Sowmya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sowmya,

can you just tell me how to use dynamic selection T how to give the about the details.

Regards,

raman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raman

You use STVARV transaction to define the TVARVC and then use the TVARVC in the dynamic value selection of the variant using selection variable "T" and give name of the TVARVC in the Name of the variable column.

Regards

Sowmya

former_member10765
Discoverer
0 Kudos

This was a really good tip, how to update STVARV variable every month? Is there an easy way or we need ABAP code for it like a predecessor step of the job scheduled?

Thanks