cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALM Cloud for testing

yuliyahavrylova
Explorer

Dear all,

is it possible to set up ALM Cloud instance only for testing purposes? I would like to know what to start with and if I can generally involve testers without s-user? Sorry, but I went through Q&A and I am missing the initial information how I can request and set up the ALM for enabling testing.

Thanks!!

Kind regards,

Yuliya

tonjakehrer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi yuliya.havrylova can you please be a little more specific on what you would like to test? Would you like to use SAP Cloud ALM to test a specific SAP solution before deploying? Are you interested in testing SAP Cloud ALM and therefore looking for a test tenant?

Best regards

Tonja

yuliyahavrylova
Explorer
0 Kudos

thanks so much for a quick reply. What I am going to create: a testing process using the standard scenarios + custom scenarios (very classical testing on SFEC before deploying). The aim is to do the tests more automatic and trackable. I would like to set up the instance and enable the testers (local testers without S-User) to test the solution. Currently we are working with excel testcases and this is really no-go any longer and is time consuming.

frederic_mouget
Explorer
0 Kudos

The second major change by SAP has to do with an SAP tool called the Digital Discovery Assessment tool. This is a tool used by SAP and its implementation partners to document the Discovery findings and then assist in the determination of the correct edition. The documentation acts as input into the more detailed Explore phase.

https://blogs.sap.com/?p=1661262?source=email-global-notification-bp-new-in-tag-followed

View Entire Topic
CKGurav
Advisor
Advisor

Hello yuliya.havrylova ,

Yes, SAP cloud ALM can be effectively used for various testing-related activities. Also, SAP cloud ALM can be tightly integrated with SAP's native Test Automation Tool for S/4Hana Cloud.

Here are some references that might be of help.

Self-Enable on SAP Cloud ALM

Set Up and Integrate the Automation Tool

Create Manual Test Cases with SAP Cloud ALM

Correct and Re-run Test Plan

Execute Regression Testing

yuliyahavrylova
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you:-)