Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alphanumerical ranges of numbers for equipment/ Equipment Batch number

jos_mm
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have three questions:

1. Create some ranges of numbers for equipment, which must be alphanumeric (2 letters and 8 numbers):

For example: (PR00000000 - PR99999999, PT00000000-PT99999999, PS00000000 - PS99999999, etc, etc.). I'm not sure yet, if these should be internal or external (to be confirmed). Is it possible to create this range internally?

If yes, could you please suggest me how the steps should be?

2. Equipment Batch must be equal to Equipment Number:

I do not think that it can be created by the standard. Therefore, a development should be created for it. Perhaps, when creating the equipment, the system should generate (by development) a copy of this number as the Batch of the equipment?

Could you suggest any possibility for this?

3. If there are already equipment number ranges created with 12 characters (4 letters, 8 numbers):

For example, APRT00000000 - APRT99999999. Then, can they be modified (delete for example 2 letters: A and T)?

Thank you in advances!

Regards,

argpes

View Entire Topic
peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

argpes

1. Create some ranges of numbers for equipment, which must be alphanumeric (2 letters and 8 numbers): As far as I am aware you cannot have characters in an internal number range.

2. Equipment Batch must be equal to Equipment Number: There is nothing standard to align the equipment number with a batch number. This would only work if there was a 1:1 relationship between the equipment and batch.

3. If there are already equipment number ranges created with 12 characters (4 letters, 8 numbers): You cant change the range once its been used. But you can create another range.

PeteA

jos_mm
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you Peter for your answer.

1. Create some ranges of numbers for equipment, which must be alphanumeric (2 letters and 8 numbers):

If they were external number range, then, they can be create with (2 letters and 8 numbers). However, is there some way where the numbers (8 numbers) could be created consecutive without a development, if necessary? I understand that external number ranges can be created manually on SAP, or they can also came the another non SAP system. Is it correct?

2. Equipment Batch must be equal to Equipment Number:

Ok, then I need a development for it.

3. If there are already equipment number ranges created with 12 characters (4 letters, 8 numbers):

Ok!

Regards,

argpes