Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BUSINESS TRANSACTION IN SAP S/4HANA CLOUD, PUBLIC EDITION

1028_melle
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Experts! ,
Would like to know if there is a way to display or edit business transactions  per document types in SAP CBC or in S/4Hana cloud? I keep on having an error  'Item Category 02000 not allowed in accounting transaction 0300/0001.' when using the complex posting in Create Incoming Invoice app.

1028_melle_0-1713941447737.png

Why complex posting? For example, I want to record payable to supplier and charge to customer(employee) the excess from the supplier's bill. 

The entry would be: 

01 Customer ---------xx

31 Supplier -----------xx

Instead of Creating transaction in Create incoming invoice,

40 G/l clearing acct---------xx 

31 Supplier ------------------xx 

AND 

Create Outgoing invoice 

01 Customer ---------------xx

50 G/L Clearing acct------xx

By the way, I am using SAP s/4hana Cloud, Public Edition TDD system. 

Thank you

View Entire Topic
kdkr
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi @1028_melle ,

You can check the business transaction for each document type in CBC: 101522 (Define Document Types).

kdkr_0-1714225956105.png

To see the list of standard document type settings, you can find it in SAP Help Portal.

1028_melle
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi @kdkr,
1028_melle
Explorer
0 Kudos

I already checked it in CBC,... Is there a way i can create a document type and change its business transaction? Right now, I can only copy the standard doc type but can't edit or change the business transaction. 

Business transaction field is grayed and cannot be edited/change same with the account types allowed. 

1028_melle_0-1714346480196.png

kdkr
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hi @1028_melle, As far as I know, it is currently not possible to create a document type from scratch, and it is not possible to change the business transaction or account type of a copied document type. I think the only option so far is to carefully select and copy the appropriate document type that has the business transaction and the account types you need.