Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change existing contracts to central contracts

mario_ecker
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear expert

I am implementing central contracts in our existing SAP system. I have the requirement, that we want to use existing contracts with plant assignment as central contract. As it seems, it is not possible to remove the plant from position level.

Is there a way to do that? (just one time in form of a kind of data migration)

Kind Regards,

Mario Ecker

View Entire Topic
BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For your requirement - you need to create and use reference purchase organization and assign this new reference purchase organization to all local purchase organizations.

If at all your requirement is clear - you need to decide with business not use any old contracts for an action* and create new contract once for all with reference purchase organization

mario_ecker
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you for your answer. I have already done the customizing and it works well for new contracts.

Our business department has the requirement, that we should convert the current contracts to the new central contracts.

It is important for them, that we can use the same contract number(ID).

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As mentioned earlier -you need to decide with business not use any old contracts for an action*

*Agree not use old contract

** Keep all data of all old contracts and all old contracts can not be changed- as you already have release orders/call offs

*** Agree with business to delete all old contracts and create new contract with reference purchasing organization

**** Track balance value/quantity of contracts

*****Set deletion flag to old contracts

****** Create new contracts with reference purchasing organization