Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clear target value in Migration Cockpit Mapping

kbader
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

how can I clear the target value in migration cockpit value?

E.g. having an error because of a default value in legacy system - for example MARA-ANP = 0 on DB but in target no values are maintained. How can I clear the 0 in the mapping? So that is not causing an error?

As far as I could see I can't do much in LTMOM for such case in cloud.

Of course this was no issue in LSMW I just put "blank" as target value of field mapping and checked the box.

Thanks!

Best regards

Klaus

TamasFodor
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

We helped you to accept the answer, since there were no updates after a few days. You can unaccept it anytime if you have further questions.

Kind regards,

Tamas

SAP Community Topic Expert

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prithvispandana
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

With the standard mapping rules, you cannot default the value to blank. As workaround, you can remove the mapping itself

kbader
Participant
0 Kudos

not in the cloud...

prithvispandana
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

With SAP S/4HANA public cloud, you cannot remove the mapping rules. You can only modify the rules in Migration object modeler (Tx.LTMOM)

You can delete unwanted mappings using the delete button at individual mapping.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

prithvispandana
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can delete the each individual mapping in value mapping step.

If you don't find the delete button. Please follow the steps as mentioned in the blog Maintaining the mapping values with download/upload functionality – SAP S/4HANA migration cockpit

Hope this helps.

-Prithvi

kbader
Participant
0 Kudos

Maybe my question was not precise enough. I can't delete the mapping because value 0 is in source data. I want to map it to blank/nothing and confirm but it doesn't allow although it isn't a mandatory field. Why does it need to be so difficult to just map to nothing?

So Mapping should be like this:

Source value: 0

Target: blank, nothing

In LSMW I never even thought there could be an issue with this, just did it. In On-Prem S4 I had this issue before but could change the code that e.g. 0 becomes nothing and only other values go into the standard mapping.

In cloud it seems the only solution is to prevent that the 0 is part of the source data but that would be very poor performance of MC.

wnash7658
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I'll have a try. MARA-ANP is linked to J_1BTANP which is maybe linked to a localisation (maybe Brazil). If so, has this localisation been activated or deprecated?

kbader
Participant
0 Kudos

The field is filled on the db with default 0. I don't want to use the field and map to no value as no Customizing is done. The field is just an example. I am interested in mapping to a blank value in any field in mc in S4 cloud. Something that was not even seen as an issue in LSMW.

If all this needs to be done before the data goes to MC the whole Mapping van be done outside...