Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Code which performs SE93 Authorization object check

former_member186078
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I have a weird requirement. I was looking for the code which does perform Authorization check that is defined in SE93 while defining the transaction code. I couldnt find the place where this is called. I would be really thankful if any one knows some information about it.

Thanks,

Adithya K

View Entire Topic
matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I could tell you directly, but how about I tell you how to find it?

Go to ST01, and start the authorization check trace for your user. Launch your the transaction you're interested, then back to ST01. Switch off the trace.

Click on "Analyse" and then find in the trace the entry for your authorisation check. Double click on it, then click on the "source code" icon in the tool bar.

The check is actually carried  out in the kernel, as part of the S_TCODE check, so you won't see an AUTHORITY-CHECK tx_auth_object statement.

former_member186078
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your reply.  I did see like that, but its taking me to AUTH_CHECK_TCODE function module, but when I place the break point its not taking me there. As you said, it might be executing the code at Kernel, but how to see it. I would like to put a logic before executing this piece of code.

Thanks,

Adithya K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try Setting up a breakpoint in LSUSEU11 line no 25

Regards

former_member186078
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abhijit,

Yes, I did try that. Even, I did try to turn on SYSTEM debugging and executed the same. It worked for scenarios when I open transaction like SE11 from Easy access screen or opened the same transaction using /OSE11, but for /NSE11 command, i.e., using /N command is not working. I am SAP ECC6, Enh pack 6, SAP Netweaver 7.31.

Any idea for why its not working for /N command?

Thanks,

Adithya K

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, specifically, it took you to this line of code:

CALL 'AUTH_CHECK_TCODE'

ID 'TCODE' FIELD tcode.  

Which is kernel call. And that means the check on the authorisation object that is set on the transaction code is built into the TCODE check. So there's no possibility of applying your own logic.

Yours is another example of a common mistake - you've not actually posted your requirement, you've posted your idea of a possible solution. The question is - what are you actually trying to achieve?

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Because /N does its authorisation checks elsewhere.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As mentioned by Matthew it is a system FM and if you have activated System Debugging it will certainly stop at the FM.

Regards

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not necessarily. If it is a kernel call then it is not debuggable using the ABAP debugger.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thx Matthew for pointing that out.

Regards