cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content of Expolore Phase

OlgaSchwEcke
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello, I already dealt a little bit with the content of different phases. But I can't answer the question, e.g. relating to profit center struture what should be the outcome of the explore phase.

a) Yes, there is a possibility of profit center structure in SAP and we would like to use it.

b) Yes, we need profit centers and the struture should look like this...and creating a model of the profit center structure in excel or an other tool like SolMan for example, which just should be brought in to the system in realization phase.

Or let's say for internal orders. a) yes we get use of them or b) we need this types of internal orders.

Thank you and regards

View Entire Topic
Eugevi01
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi.

Well, in my opinion, yes, one of the results from the explorer is to let the user know a profit center object which concept can be represented with them.

You should show the proposed Best Practice model to help them to understand the potential report uses. You need to detect if they must follow IFRS or another report requirement, to check if the Standard can support it. You also need to check if they have any "hierarchy" (like material hierarchy /product hierarchy, etc. ) that need to be integrated or considered. They need to understand the integration between cost objects /material / segment / profit centers (ex. ceco - cebe relationship, cebe-segment relationship, impacts in wrong allocations, effort in distribution process, material-cebes). This is part of the Fit-Gap Analysis. What is the business value of using the standard, what is the splitting benefit (reduction of closing times), etc. With this you will able to complete with more details the backlog / process mapping for the first effort estimation /backlog priorization (no matter if you are working with hybrid methodology, a gap analysis is always required).

I hope this can help. Regards.