cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Counterfeit currency detection in SAP FI

VivekGhulaxe
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello SAP Finance Experts, I have a unique inquiry related to SAP FI, and I'm seeking your expertise to understand if there are any standard reports within SAP FI that can be utilized for detecting and validating counterfeit or fake currency. Additionally, I would like to explore the possibility of creating a custom solution to address this concern. Any advice or insights you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Specifically, I am looking for answers to the following questions:

Are there any standard SAP FI reports or functionalities that can be used to detect counterfeit currency transactions or discrepancies?

Is it possible to develop a custom SAP note or solution to enhance counterfeit detection and validation within SAP FI?

How can any detected counterfeit currency be appropriately adjusted or handled within the SAP FI system?

Your guidance will be invaluable in addressing this unique challenge. Thank you in advance for your assistance and expertise.

Best regards,

Vivek Ghulaxe

View Entire Topic
sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi

This should be more of a business question than specifically through SAP. The currency could be identified as fake in various ways for your business: Cash Sales Receipt, petty cash transactions, bank cash deposit and so on. You should ask your business owners, what would do in each of these cases and than try to find out a way to record them in SAP.

As far as I know there is no standard transaction to record counterfeit currency in the system.

Thanks & Regards

Sanil Bhandari

VivekGhulaxe
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sahil, thanks for getting back to me! Regarding the credit deposit, if the declared amount is $418.00 and the verified deposit is $408.00, there's an unadjusted variance of $10. How can we go about clearing this unadjusted variance?

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

If i understand it, you have a bank account and you have received $418 from the customer, however, $10 is counterfeit. You could show the receipt as $408 and $10 would still be an outstanding on the customer account.

Thank & regards

Sanil Bhandari

VivekGhulaxe
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sahil, Thank you for responding. If $10 is counterfeit (fake) then it represents an unadjusted variance. How can we go about clearing this counterfeit unadjusted variance? Thank You!

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

Your customer has given a $10 counterfeit as a receipt, in such a case, your customer should make good the variance. You need to work with him/her on the same. Else please contact your AR Business owner on the process requirements first before looking for a solution in your ERP system on the expected behaviour.

Thanks & Regards

Sanil Bhandari