cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create SAP Forms from Word Document templates

Hi,

We have more than 1000 different word documents templates which are used to print certificates from SAP. A 3rd party solution merges SAP Data and Word template to print certificate. Now we want to convert all those word documents into SAP (in any kind of forms like Smartforms), but its very difficult to create 1000 smartforms. So, is there any best way to bring all those word documents into SAP itself ? it might be a ABAP query or functional.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Sandra, but actually I am looking vice versa. from non SAP Word template documents to SAP.

for example you have a Word doc brochure of 35 pages . How you will convert that into SAP and feed respective data as well into that document ? its like need a smartform where we can add logo, picture, format along with SAP data. but I have 1000 such documents so creating smartforms for each one of them is not possible. hence I am looking a work around which can bring/convert/create all these word documents into SAP.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"A Word doc brochure of 35 pages"!? You mean, it contains data already. But you were talking about a "word document template". Isn't it smaller? Or is it really a template of 35 pages? (template = some titles, logo, table headers, etc., but empty data)

What I was talking about is exactly what you are looking for. You just need to adapt a little bit the Word documents and Anton tool can fill the templates.

Hi Sandra,

Yes, its 35 pages of word doc template with no data. a 3rd party solution picks data file from SAP and fill data into this document and prints. So, we need to create this template in SAP so that we can get rid of 2rd party solution. when SAP will have its own template (just like smartforms), it can fill data into that and print. but the problem is we have approx 1000 such different templates (around 30+ pages each) so creating smartforms for each of them is not really a good idea.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Okay, a 35-pages template then 🙂

Slightly adjust the Word templates to comply antonsikidin's solution, then do it the way he explains.

(everything I said still applies)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

antonsikidin
Participant
roberto_forti
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dear, i suggest read about SAP Document Management System and SAP Easy Document Management on the following SAP documentation links.

https://blogs.sap.com/2016/06/16/document-management-system/

https://help.sap.com/doc/c01abf53d25ab64ce10000000a174cb4/3.6/en-US/frameset.htm

Best Regards!

Roberto FORTI Santos

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The first link doesn't answer the OP question, and for the second link, EasyDMS is to be downloaded on SAP Portal.

roberto_forti
Contributor
0 Kudos

Sandra Rossi,

Could you please be focused on your answer?
You are not professional doing this!

Thank you!