Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debugger not triggering in popup

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need to debug a popup screen.

I tried the below methods but nothing is triggering the debugger

1. Copied the below code in .txt file saved it in desktop.

[Function]

Command=/h

Title=Debugger

Type=SystemCommand

2. Converting the .txt file to .dat file.

3. How to debug a popup window in SAP? - SAPHub

None of the files drag and drop triggers the debugger .Is there any other setting that I am supposed to do .?

I am currently using SAP GUI 750

TIA

vijay_hariharan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Well i'm on SAP GUI 760 and am able to drag and drop the .txt file with the above content on the pop-up.. and the Debugging is switched on.. Not sure if this has anything to do with your Specific Pop-up but in general this should work..

Regards,
Vijay

0 Kudos

I want to debug the popup screen in MD04

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dropping the file in the window is exactly the same as doing /h in the Command field of a normal SAP GUI window. When I do it with a .txt file and SAP GUI 7.60, I get the message in the status bar "Debugging switched on", i.e. it works without any issue for me.

vijay_hariharan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Which pop-up in MD04?

0 Kudos

Element Details popup in Md04

vijay_hariharan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Elements Details pop-up Debug works as well.. Here is a screen-shot of how my txt file looks..pop-up-debug.jpg

0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply vijay.hariharan is there any possibility that there is some authorization issue .

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
sonalipriya2249

If you don't have any issue with /h in classic screens, then it's not an authorization issue. You may see any authorization issue using transaction code SU53.

0 Kudos

sonalipriya2249

I am facing the same issue. I have tried with .txt, .sap, .bat files and nothing seem to work.
I have the authorization to use /H but popup debugging is not working for me.

Were you able to find any fix for this?

emanuel_klenner
Active Participant
0 Kudos

As a workaround, you can set a watchpoint on the field SY-DYNNR, before the pop-up comes up. That way the debugger will stop when you enter the pop-up processing.

0 Kudos

My debug file is just a text file (.txt) on the desktop and has always worked fine. I created this manually, not via the GUI per your link.
Once the popup appears, drag the text file on top of it, and it will enter debug if you have the authorization.
This is my file content, which looks like yours except my 'h' is a capital, but 'H' or 'h' are both file:
[FUNCTION]
Command=/H
Title=Debugger
Type=SystemCommand

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)