Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different price on material for different projects

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

The business case is the following: an organization buys materials from certain vendors in the framework of a specific project. Afterwards, the same organisation resells these materials to its customers for the same price. The challenge is that the price for the same material could be different for different projects, and reselling those materials should be done with the same price they were bought. Also, the valuation of the stock should be ensured on the project level.

I would be happy to hear your ideas for the best way to handle it in SAP.

Thanks in advance,

Eli

View Entire Topic
jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am not sure of any standard way to achieve this. We can sell from Project stock, however I am not sure if different Purchase price for a Material A under Project B and C can be tracked and copied to respective Sales Order.

One possibility I can think of is you will definitely have WBS Elements in the Purchase Order and Sales Order. Now both these WBS elements would belong to a unique Project Number. May be a development in SD Pricing routine to pull the purchase price from Purchase Order where the same WBS element / Project Number element is used for respective Material.

Thanks,

iklovski
Active Contributor

Thanks for the idea. I don't care at this stage whether the solution would be standard (preferably) or not. Just gathering thoughts what could be done.