cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Msg. Account object Profit Center differs from that in asset master record

Andrea5
Explorer
0 Kudos

When trying to post credit notes from AP for invoices with integrated asset acquisition, we received the above error message with the following explanation:

The System automatically uses account assignment object Profit Center with the value XYZ that is entered in the asset master record, since, according to the settings in Customizing, the account assignment object is required to agree with the asset master record.

Procedure: Check Customizing for account assignment in Asset Accounting.

The affected assets were indeed in the meanwhile moved to a different cost center.

Question:

In the old ECC world, I would go to IMG and check the Integration with GL - Specify Account Assignment Types for Account Assignment Object settings. When reviewing the available SSCUIs in FI-AA in our public Cloud solution, I could not find an SSCUI, where I would be able the actually adapt the system behavior. Has anybody an experience if this setting is adaptable in the public Cloud offering?

Thanks,

Andrea

View Entire Topic
Mark_W
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Andrea

This customizing is not available in Asset Accounting on the cloud ERP.

You can check this via the link https://go.support.sap.com/roadmapviewer/#/group/BE47098A-617A-43EF-A27E-DFD801D70483/roadmap/IMPS4H...

Expert Configuration and SSCUI Reference.xlsm (SAP Customer)

You can use the IMG Activity to cross reference on the file on what is available.

Kind regards
Mark

Andrea5
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hallo Mark,

thanks a lot for dealing with my question. It is highly appreciated. However, the question was more directed to the possible solution to the issue, i.e. if there is eventually a different way, how to overcome the error message and allow the posting, even if a different profit center is derived during the posting itself. In our case, this would not lead to an issue from the business standpoint.

Setting a default account assignment via the SSCUI 102639 (old OKB9) is not an option here. The issue is also not solvable via the Substitution functionality. So I was wandering if somebody has a different idea / experience here.

Thanks,

Andrea