cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: "Translation result ....is too Large"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

My client received such an error " Translation result (12 digits) EUR is too Large ", while he was deleting the line items in the Contract. Else the error was not there, but soon when he tried to delete the line item, he receives such an error and system disallows him to delete the line item.

It is with the conversion between GBP & EURO.

For the primary solution, it was tried by reducing the target qty to 1 EA only, and also reducing the price.

But this had no effect on the error being thrown, and hence deleting the line item wasn't possible.

And importantly, this has been happening for 4 different plants with 4 Contracts, but for same Material, same Vendor, at the same Price in Contracts.

I went through some of the threads here specifying t-code OY04, but it won't help in this case.

Kindly have your valuable suggestions on this.

Thanks in advance,

Anurag Patki.

View Entire Topic
muhammad_haddad
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Where you able to solve this problem?

I have same error.

If you do please let me know.

Thank you and Kind Regards,

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You may want to see the explained reason from 1996065 - ME32K: Encounter error SG106 when leaving the target value blank in the header  and compare it with your situation.

muhammad_haddad
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

Thanks for the reply,

In my case I think it is different, we are receiving when the quantity for even a certain material increases to a value that when multiplied by the net price will exceed the currency field character limits maintained in the characteristic for the strategy.

The point is

1. the characteristic is maintained in CNY currency while the contract is totally in USD.

2. Release strategy is not activated on order-type "MK" for contract, so it shouldn't be called in the first place.

What I'm also trying to understand: isn't the field CEKKO-GNETW is for the total net price value of a PO while the CEKKO-KTWRT is for the value in contact?

I cannot even see where the total price for item is appearing and where it is doing the conversion. + the error itself is misleading since it mentions translation.

hope you can help.

Thanks and Kind Regards,