cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filter a `MeasureUnitCode`-List?

geronimo31011
Participant

Hi all,

how can I filter a `MeasureUnitCode`-List? E.g. I would like to offer only matching measure units for length or volume entities.

In the material OIF you can find the tap "General" > "UoM Characteristics". Here you can enter information about "Net/Gross Weight", "Net/Gross Volume", "Length", "Width" and "Height". Thereby only matching units are displayed in the unit code dropdown lists. If I see this correctly via the sdk, in each case the data type is `MeasureUnitCode`. Now when I'm using the same data type for volume or length input, I get the complete code list. Of couse I can create new code lists, but I would prefere to use standard lists.

I have already searched for the problem but found no answer. Maybe someone can help me?

Kind regards,

Michael

View Entire Topic
former_member689468
Participant

This is something Im struggling with also and I cant belive its so hard to find an answer to such a simple request

geronimo31011
Participant

Hi Josip,

yes, there is still no answer for this question and I have not found a solution either. As a workaround I have created own code lists which have the same codes as the `MeasureUnitCode` list so that the codes are compatible. However, this is of course not a clean solution, because it does not react to adjustments of the `MeasureUnitCode` list. Hopefully a solution will be found at some point, especially because SAP demonstrates in their own views that this actually works in the system. So it is frustrating as a partner developer not to be able to use this functionality.

Kind regards,
Michael