Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixed vendor on PR not copied to PO

Sevin
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a third party process where the purchase requisition was automatically created with a fixed vendor which was picked up on PR because info record is maintained. No source list is maintained for this material.

When the PO was auto-created for this PR, it was created for a different vendor (with an info record marked for deletion).  There is only 1 active info record for this material and it is for the vendor on the PR.

I checked and there were no changes to the PR or the PO. So why wasn't my fixed vendor copied from the PR to the PO during automatic PO creation ?  And why would the PO chose an inactive info-record ?

Thanks in advance !

Alas

View Entire Topic
JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

does your fixed vendor have the auto PO indicator?

Sevin
Participant
0 Kudos

No. It turns out at my client, they use workflow to convert the PR to the PO. I need to debug the workflow but I don't know how that is done.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No auto PO indicator of course explains why it is not considered.

For debugging a workflow I recommend to use the SCN search on top right, just enter: how debug workflow

I can get 1504 hits and think asking this again will not amuse the moderators.

Sevin
Participant
0 Kudos

I wasn't expecting you to answer my issue re: workflow. I was just informing you of the steps I have to take in case others stumble on this post. You really don't have to be rude, or even respond ! And just so you know - with workflow, the auto PO flags are not considered !

Regardless- my client had custom code for how they select their vendors, regardless of the fixed vendor field on the PR. In that logic, they disregard the deletion flag of the purchase info record.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I dont see it as rude if one tries to help you.