cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forecast in SAP PS

Hi everyone.

I'm from Brazil and here in the company I work for we are implementing SAP.

I have a doubt about how forecast works in SAP PS.

First of all, I would like to explain how we do forecast in our actual system. Imagine if I planned for a project that I would spend $100 in January and $200 in February. When march comes, I check this project and I realized that I spent $50 in January and $0 in February. At this point the values planneds for this project is wrong. So, since we are in March (in this hypothetical example), I would like to match (make equal) what I really spent with my plan. My plan in january and february must be what I spent. We do it here for about 600 projects and after this project managers will reorganize their plans from March to December and a new cycle begins.

As you can see, in our actual system we do only financial forecast (nothing physical).

Is its possible to do it in SAP PS? Is it possible to make equal what I spent with what I planned?

Best regards, Daniel.

ADILSONBENNY
Participant
0 Kudos

The values from forecast are create that commitments + real values. Check the reports in CJI5 and CJI3 for more.

Regards

Adilson Benevides

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor

Oi Daniel,

You can copy actual data into the plan data, but I do not see any added value in doing so. Your actual data exist already, so why to ruin your plan data (or baseline) as the whole idea is about variances and explaining the reasons for variances.

Cost Forecast is normally about managing the CTC value that is Cost to Complete. CTC = EAC - Actuals - Commitments.

In your example you would need to allocate $250 (CTC) over the future time line, provided that $300 (EAC) has not changed.

The Forecast version is a special kind of version in a sence that it combines Actual cost and CTC cost, so your actuals are rolling over the plan and you need to decide how to shift them. Standard SAP has quite few limitations there, but those are solved by 3rd party add-ons.

Regards,

Paulo

ADILSONBENNY
Participant
0 Kudos

The values from forecast are create that commitments + real values. Check the reports in CJI5 and CJI3 for more.

Regards

Adilson Benevides

Ken_Melching
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

SAP's CPM (Commercial Project Management) is a project centric management tool that does financial planning and forecasting very well. Look here for more info:

https://help.sap.com/viewer/0ff4c5b7f2ac487a908279902ba5d61c/2.0.09/en-US/1c16d11effd34cb78c6c0ab348...

0 Kudos

Paulo,

I appreciate your answer. Could you suggest some 3rd party add-ons? These add-ons make easier this forecast process?

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just google for SAP Certified PS Forecast solution as in that case solution is validated by SAP.