cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G/L for two company code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We have Two different Company code with same Chart Of Account and same Controlling Area.

Now for two company code , All  G/L Account should be same or it should be different.

e.g  I have Bank , "State Bank Of India"  for both company code. I have created different bank id for both company code.

Now for same bank , Bank G/L account can be same or it should be same.

similarly, for cash journal , cash g/l can be same or different.

Likewise, for all other type of g/l , all g/l's can be same or different for different company code.

Regards

Swati Shah

View Entire Topic
Tiger_007
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Swati,

you need to create separate bank gl account for each company code. even you both the company codes has bank account with state bank of india. SBI will give different bank accounts for each company code. SBI will not give same bank account number for both company codes.

so, you need to create one house bank for each company code and assign different main bank gl account, deposit clg and payment clg accounts. total 6 GLs accounts for both company codes should be created.

Regards

Srini

daren_collins
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

I would be genuinely interested to know why Swati couldn't use the same G/L accounts for Main Bank and clearing account(s) for the same House Bank across multiple company codes.

I've looked at FBZP, EBS and FSCM Transaction Manager configuration and cannot see the necessity to have unique G/L accounts across company codes.

If I have a USD Bank Account #12345678 with State Bank of India and I give it Main Bank G/L Account 140000 and Clearing G/L account 140001, 1400002 etc. for Company Code 0001, then what is wrong with having USD Bank Account #87654321 with State Bank of India using same G/L accounts in Company Code 0002?

The G/L Account Text can be "State Bank of India - USD Bank Account"

I am thinking of adopting this policy so if there is a valid reason/pitfall in doing this, I would be grateful to know.

Tiger_007
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Collins

your statement is valid if you opened an account with the same bank branch. the base is bank key. hope it clear

Srini