Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can we upload Tri balance in S4HC?

PhooPyae23
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

My project plan go-live date is 15th February 2024.

My customer would like to upload tri balance with 31st Dec 2023. I understood that we can upload Balance Sheet, AP/AR open items, inventory balances and retained earning accounts when we cut off the historical data with year end date. The question is can we upload all profit or loss accounts of 2023 instead of upload retaining earning amount?

And which is more prefered template using FI-Historical Balance and FI - G/L account balance and open/line item in 2308 in SAP S/4 Hana Public Cloud?

I would be really appreciated for give me a time to answering me.

Best Regards,

Phoo

View Entire Topic
johannesh1
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Phoo,

for g/l account balances, my recommendation would be to upload the regular 'FI - G/L Account Balance' template with migration date 31.12.2023. If fiscal year variant is K4 which is what I assume, the balance carryforward job will automatically post the P&L balance to retained earnings account so no action is necessary on that end. Before go-live, you will then only need to upload the balance sheet delta values as well as the P&L values for the new fiscal year.

For open items, I would recommend you to also upload one line item per g/l account with migration date 31.12.2023 to be able to display a complete trial balance. For customers and suppliers for example, you would need one dummy business partner per reconciliation account which you can use to upload the open item amount towards. Please be aware that this dummy open item needs to be reversed before uploading the real open items with migration date 15.02.2024. Alternatively, you could also use dummy g/l accounts which are no reconciliation accounts but described as such but this would make reporting more complicated if you want to compare year end values for 2023 and 2024 that's why I recommend you to use the dummy business partner approach.

Hope this helps!

Kind regards

Johannes

PhooPyae23
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Johannes,

Thanks a lot for your advice. I will follow your step by step instructions.

Have a nice day.

Best Regards,

Phoo