cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to copy/export tabular view to excel or text editor

BEKOStan
Active Participant

Hi community,

I have a question concerning a task which is a little bit tedious and annoying.

Maybe someone has the "magic trick" for the following task:

I sometimes need to copy such tabular views and edit them with Excel. The way I do it is either rowwise per hand (ctrl+c, ctrl+v) or if to much lines: minimize the view, print into a PDF and transform via online tool into Excel.

BR

Andreas

View Entire Topic
HarshalVakil
Active Contributor

Hello Andreas,

Option 1 : Standard Export

Some Business configuration activities supports the excel Export option for the data that is maintained. ( For example Charts of account ** --> Edit Chart of account. Here you can export the list of GL.

Option 2 : with SAP

If export option is not available -- then check if activity as version control. In some business configuration activity, you can click on you can also and select view previous versions. ( For example : Profit Center Derivation --> Profit Center Derivation by Product Category for Inventory ) in such case, I remember SAP can also extract the information from the backend and provide.

However here you will need support form SAP.

Option 3 : Change History

Go to Business Configuration

Reports view

Open Configuration Change History Report

Go to Fine-Tune Settings

Select the period or all Activity

Search for the Fine tune activity ( in your case would be Supplier) Using column filter - on top table.

make sure that you select the row with appropriate the last deployment date.

Remove the flag for Changes Only ( On top table again) or remove the flag Changes only ( Details table on bottom part of screen)

Click on Download Change Details.

this will download Zip file ( depending on volume of data - you need to wait for the processing and even then sometime file is of 0KB or txt file without name --> then do steps above again.

Once you have Zip file with the data (Excel within Zip)

Open the Excel from the zip that you downloaded.

Look for the excel Sheet : All Keys - All Values

In here all the values stored within the fine tune would be available. ( So there might be several tables in the file each marked with the deployed date / Changed date.

Look for the table which corresponds to the sub link (Payment Terms) related table or tables Depending on what information you are looking to export.

Copy and paste

it in your excel Since you might want to filter out different language descriptions for the payment terms.

Option 4 : Cloud Application Studio :

Go to Repository explorer

Look for the data type ( if you are not sure, look for the BO where you maintain the value, Find the node and find the data type)

Once you find the correct data type, select it, this will open the documentation on the right side.

in this document, Appendix would contain all the values for that data type.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Harshal