Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create PO automatically from PR Upgrade to 2023

mmcisme1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are doing a technical upgrade from on-prem 1709 to on-prem 2023.   I'm having trouble getting auto-create of the PO set up.

What's happening:

• Sales order is created.
  • Purchase Requisition is created.
  • PO is not created.

What I have done:

• Customer - Auto PO checked
  • Material Master - Auto PO checked
  • Sales Organization - Auto PO Checked

Workflow:

Automatic Workflow Customizing - Green and does create a test workflow

Scenario - 

• WS00800157 and WS00800173 activated 
  • I tried WS02000458 & WS02000470 but it was requiring approval for the PO when I tried manually creating it from the purchase requisition.  SO those did not work for what I needed to have happen.

I did all of the above in the GUI.   I'm testing the backend.  I keep reading that I should create a workflow.  That sounds a bit crazy to me.   It was working just fine in 1709.  I also saw some examples or activating in the front-end.   I don't need it right now as I'm testing in the backend. 

There has to be something I missed.   Any ideas?

Thank you!

Michelle

View Entire Topic
mmcisme1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Now after way too much time looking at this I found the answer.  It was to create a user exit for Enhancement SDALE001 (CMOD).  Then add the following code:

wait up to seconds.
item_fields item_fields_imp.

Evidently my system is too fast.   For some nice quick references:

SWELS - Workflow Trace

SWE2 - Event Type Linkages

I set the break-point in function module PUR_ORDER_CHANGE_VIA_SD_EVENT, form CREATE_PURCHASE_ORDERS .  To find it, I ended up setting my break-points at all the perform TRIGGER_ERROR_EVENT.   By doing that I narrowed it down to when the PO was getting created and when it wasn't.  Big hint - if you set a break-point and it fixes everything, you'll probably have to add the same delay I did.

Best of luck!

mmcisme1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
BTW - thanks for all the pointers! I was able to eliminate those as the cause, and that did save me time.