cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to handle request when reimplementing notes?

0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am in the process of de-implementing some SAP Notes (I know it is usually not recommended by SAP, but in my case it is required). This is for a SAF-T reimplementation because it was improperly implemented in the first place.

I finished de-implementing the notes, and now I am at the point where I should start to reimplement the notes. All of this is happening in the Development system and I notice that when de-implementing the notes, the de-implementation was assigned to transport requests( 2 or 3 requests ). I assume when I start to reimplement the notes the changes will be assigned to transport requests as well.

My question: What is the correct approach ? Should I assign the changes to the same 2-3 requests I have from de-implementation ? When I finish, what is the process/procedure to carry the changes to QA and Prod ? Any suggeestion is welcome. Thank you.

NunoRodrigues
Participant

You need to be careful with notes that run programs to create and modify SAP objects and with manual steps.

To avoid transport problems It is important to have All the objects in the same request.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

DominikTylczyn
Active Contributor

Hello razvand

A note typically modifies ABAP program(s). So when you de-implement a note, the modified programs will be assigned to and locked in a transport request. Unless the transport request is released (don't do that), the note reimplementation will be assigned to the same transport request as the modified programs are already locked in this transport request.

To make sure everything is transported consistently, use one transport request to de-implement the notes, implement SAF-T and reimplement the notes. This way all the modified objects will be transported together. If you have already created several transport requests during de-implementation, you can merge them.

Best regards

Dominik Tylczynski

Hi Dominik,

Thank you so much for your answer, it is very helpful.

Answers (0)