cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set up Preventive Maintenance for Equipment BOM

former_member631022
Participant

Dear PM Experts,

I am in a situation where I defined our Filling Machine as Equipment and other assembly parts as

Equipment BOM and sub assembly as Material BOMs.

Example:

Equipment :Filling Machine

Equipment BOM: Base Frame Cooling,

Deflection Drive

Sucker Station

Vaccum Supply

etc.

Now my problem is during the set up of Preventive Maintenance of this structure. We want to set up Performance based Maintenance and I have offered the users to create a measuring document for Equipment Filling machine and carry respective operations defined in Task List of Maintenance Plan.

Problem comes when users mentioned how to handle with Counter value if the sucker station is replaced with new one? how to reset the counter which is specific to Sucker station in this case?

Options:

1) Should I define the Equipment BOM as individual sub equipments which can be easily set up for each equipment?

2) Can I create different measuring points(of sub parts) to the same Filling Machine Equipment and use them to create different maintenance plans ?

Kindly suggest with your valuable inputs. Many thanks in advance

Regards

Shiva

View Entire Topic
peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shiva,

You could create sub-equipment to the Filling Machine, and that makes sense if you need to track maintenance at that lower level. This way you can assign measurement points to those sub-equipment and create the required maintenance plans.

You could also create multiple measurement points/counters for the Filling Machine e.g. a Sucker Station counter. This could also be used in a performance-based maintenance plan. You could also enter the Sucker Station in the Assembly field of the maintenance item (it would need to be created as a material first e.g. an IBAU)

Either way, when you need to reset the the Sucker Station counter you will also need to update the maintenance plan accordingly.

PeteA

former_member631022
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

I appreciate your inputs. Many many thanks , it cleared my doubts.

Have a nice day

Regards

Siva Kottana