cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to substract the value of base price with the value of down payment settlement

johan_handoko
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have created a sales order with a billing plan, let say the total amount of the sales order is US$1,000,

And then at the billing plan, I create a down payment request US$300, and the closing invoice is U$1,000.

After that I create down payment request billing (VF01), the amount is US$300 + Tax, then the Finance dept post incoming payment for the Down Payment.

After the delivery complete, I create the final billing based on the sales order number. When i checked the total amount, the total amount still US$1,000 + tax. How can I substract the total amount with the Down Payment amount when create the final invoice (billing)?

johan_handoko_0-1707962789710.png

johan_handoko
Explorer
0 Kudos
If my client agree to calculte the tax from whole amount, how can I set the downpayment request to not calculate the tax?
View Entire Topic
DennisLeslie
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Johan,

The system automatically handles this case. The invoice only shows an open amount for the remaining amount. See attached output from an example.

Regards,

Dennis

johan_handoko
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Dennis, thank you for the quick response. But my client want the down payment deduct the net amount before tax calculation. The tax amount calculate after the deduction. Can SAP provide that condition?
DennisLeslie
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Johan,

That doesnt sound right though. Why would you not tax the whole amount? If the down payment was not requested, you would have taxed the whole amount. Also, if the down payment is almost 100% then you would have almost zero taxes charged and yet have to pay that tax amount. 

Regards,

Dennis 

johan_handoko
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Dennis, because the down payment also calculate tax, so the final invoice amount must be deducted with the down payment amount (without dp tax) before tax calculation.
DennisLeslie
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
The standard doesnt charge taxes on downpayment. See attached
johan_handoko
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Dennis, in my configuration, the pricing condition include tax condition type, so when created the down payment, the tax was calculated
johan_handoko
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Dennis, I attached the simulation for your reference. Is there any configuration to prevent the tax calculated when create down payment request?