Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to verify if the last payroll is a termination payroll

muscanga
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello!

My client has two payroll periods per month and executes a monthly tax adjustment on the 2nd period. I have a case where an employee gets terminated on period 1 and gets rehired on period 2.

My client still want to calculate the adjustment taking into account only certain payments from the termination payroll. I have set up a pcr to read the wage types from the ort and bring them to period 2 but my problem is that it only has to happen right after the termination - meaning from period 3 onwards this rule should not operate.

Do you know if there is an function or operation that reads the ocrsn from the previous period?

Thank you in advance

View Entire Topic
former_member630342
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi María,

If I got you right, you have an already working solution that generates tax adjustment in the second period of each month. Now you have that additional requirement for the termination case in the first period in the month that is not being processed at the moment.

I would not attach to the OCRSN as technically you can perform a payroll run for a terminated employee without an off-cycle, e.g. if an employee is being terminated the day of the regular biweekly run.

The first thing coming to my mind is a straightforward check in the period of termination, where you can prepare wagetypes to be transferred further. You can use the operation PPPAR A to check if the EE leaves the company in the current workplace split.

One more thing, you said you've written a rule to bring up the specific wagetypes from ORT.
Just a thought, you might want to use the standard functionality via processing class 06 - often underestimated 🙂
In every country solution, a wage type with specification 01 in PC06 will be imported from the previous period to LRT by the rule X006.

Kind regards,
Alex