cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HR Renewal + SAP Fiori - Unified platform (HR Renewal + SAP Fiori).

former_member181966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good morning Everyone,

TGIF! We are in a situation, where we would like to create an unified Launchpad.  I have gone through the link below "Q&A with Jeremy Masters"

, and it seems like it is possible, but I don't know how? HR Renewal and Fiori are complimentary, and they don’t intend for customers to choose one or the other.  We could use Fiori apps for things like leave requests and timesheets (and do this on mobile devices), and still use HR Renewal for other HR/Non-HR functions and features.  We like to have cake and eat it too.

Could someone share the knowledge with us, and possible steps to create an unified launchpad. i.e. (HR Renewal + SAP Fiori).

Also, We have couple of questions -

Q - SAP Fiori rolled-out 9 HCM Apps so far, and  around 500+ for other non-HR modules. What is this trend telling HR customers?

Q -  Webdynpro ABAP based services are not supported via Fiori launchpad. If it is true, we have to do dual development ( means for each Webdynpro for ABAP services, we may need to build UI5) -  How UX360 add value here ....

Q. What are the Pro`s and Con`s for Unified platform?

Q:  What will be the landscape architecture?

We have SAP Gateway/ Deploy SAP Fiori Add-ons to ECC/ Gateway Sandbox.  Planning to Deploy HR-Renewal 2.0. 

Q : Where will be the  unified launchpad will exist? in SAP Gateway or ECC. BTW we have implanted SAP Gateway Hub Architecture.

How Are HR Renewal and SAP Fiori Changing SAP HCM Employee & Manager Self-Services? Q&A with Jeremy Masters”

http://sapinsider.wispubs.com/Assets/Q-and-As/2014/July/QA-with-Jeremy-Masters-on-HR-Renewal-Fiori-a...

Q: Is it possible to use the UI5 applications available in the SAP Fiori in the new HR Renewal landing page? Let me give an example: We do have Timesheet application developed in UI5 in SAP Fiori wave1. However we do not have anything on the UI5 front in ESS or HR Renewal. So can we utilize the SAP Fiori application in HR Renewal, as both the systems do use the Gateway and Odata concept? 

Jeremy Masters: Yes

Thanks & have a great day!

Saquib Khan,PMP

SuccessFactors Mastery Certified

“Complaints don’t change culture, actions do!” – Saquib Khan

View Entire Topic
former_member181966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good afternoon all,

Great!

But should still consider HR Renewal 2.0 & SAP HCM Fiori Apps?

Thanks & Happy Holidays!

Saquib Khan,PMP

SuccessFactors Mastery Certified

“Complaints don’t change culture, actions do!” – Saquib Khan

Participate - Relate– Anticipate – Communicate – Demonstrate – Educate – Facilitate

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

yes i would recommend HR renewal 2.0, FIORI Apps to complement

There ll be new apps planned and will be announced soon, i would recommend to be on latest