cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inbound delivery for subcontracting using serial numbers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am facing an issue receiving materials on my inbound delivery for a subcontracted part.  For my main item/part, I am able to select the part and navigate to "Extras" -> "Serial Numbers" at which time I am able to see/add/change the serial number(s) specified for that part.  For the main item, we are fine.  The problem arises when I try to accomplish the same task for the Sub Components.  Here I am able to select the main item, and then click the "SC Components" button where I see the material, description, plant, batch, etc... but I can not specify the serial number(s).  Being that our serial number profiles require the serial number to be specified, it seems that this is what is prohibiting the delivery from being received.  Does anybody have any experience with such scenarios and can you provide any assistance here? 

View Entire Topic
tom_kaeser
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

we are facing the same issue.

We need the inbound delivery for GTS integration (inbound customs declaration).

Created an improvement request (correct category wasn't available):

Maintain serial numbers for subcontracting components in inbound delivery

Best regards

Tom

mario_ecker
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you for the answer, I have forwarded the improvement request to my network for additional votes.

Kind Regards,

Mario

manuel_g
Explorer

Hi,

I also voted for your request, thanks for creating it!

One question from my side: How do you transfer the serialized components to the supplier stock in the first place? With ME2O(N) you can't select the serialnumbers, with ADSUBCON it works. Do you also use ADSUBCON or is there another way?

Thanks and regards,
Manuel

mario_ecker
Explorer

Hi Manuel

Of course it is possible to transfer with ME2O(N) serialized materials. ME2O(N) is creating an outbound delivery and there we maintain the picked serial numbers.

Kind Regards,
Mario