Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal error (-217) [Message 131-183]

0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am using SAP Business One 9.3 PL01.
I get the error when adding a marketing document with attachments
:Internal error (-217) [Message 131-183]

- I run SAP Business One as administrator.
- I am using an administrator user for server.
- Full authorization for folders.

Does anyone know how to solve this error?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,

Hyunsun Park

former_member186605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Park, how does that relate to the primary tag you selected "the intercompany integration solution for SAP Business One"?

Is the issue still open?

0 Kudos

Dear Hartwich,

I got this error while investigating functions of intercompany solutions.
I didn't know if this is related to the intercompany solutions or just standard B1 functions so I chose that as a primary tag.
It is still open.

former_member186605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Park, understood. Have you ever changed the Attachments folder in SAP Business One?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

hamedmf
Explorer

check the attachment path it must end with \

as per the below note

https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/3013182

You are using SAP Business One 10.0 FP 2008 or higher patch level.

Scenario:

1. Go to Administration → System Initialization → General Settings → Path tab → Attachments Folder, define the address in the text box as E:\Attachments, or paste any address which does not end with '\'. Click Update.
  2. Go to master data or documents window (for example, Item Master Data), add new attachment in the Attachments tab. Click Update.

Expected behavior:

The attachment can be added without error.

Actual behavior:

The following error message appears: Internal error (-217) occurred [Message 131-183].

Solution

SAP intends to provide a feature package or patch to solve the symptom that is described in this SAP Note. The section References below lists the related feature package or patch once they become available. Be aware that References can only be confirmed at feature package or patch release date. SAP delivers feature packages or patches only for selected releases at its own discretion, based on the business impact and the complexity of implementation.

Workaround: Go to Administration → System Initialization → General Settings → Path tab → Attachments Folder, add the address ended with '\', like E:\Attachments\.

sardsura
Explorer
0 Kudos

This is OK.

Workaround: Go to Administration → System Initialization → General Settings → Path tab → Attachments Folder, add the address ended with '\', like E:\Attachments\.

Thank you.

0 Kudos

Any updates to this?

I am experiencing the same issue.

Thank you

Sarah

former_member588507
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Park,

Where are you getting this error on client machine or server??