cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make a field appear in FB02/FB03

khuongnv9
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I posted a treasury document by TBB1, and when i view FI document via FB02/FB03, the field Contract number (BSEG-VERTN) is not appeard.

I have 2 clients for QAS are 400 and 500, but client 400 this field is appeared, client 500 is not. The test documents are same for all field in both clients. Because 2 clients are in only 1 instant, so the difference cannot from the ABAP code.

I try config it in OB41, OBC4, even OB32 but no clue for this.

Please tell me know how to make field Contract Number (BSEG-VERTN) or another field appear.

View Entire Topic
mathurifico
Explorer
0 Kudos

It sounds like you're facing an issue where the Contract Number (BSEG-VERTN) field is not appearing in the FI document when viewed through FB02/FB03 in client 500, but it is appearing in client 400. Since the clients are in the same instance, and you've verified that the test documents are the same for both clients, the issue might be related to configuration settings or user-specific settings.

Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and resolve the issue:

1. Check Document Type Configuration (OB41):

• Ensure that the document type used in your test documents is configured to display the Contract Number field.
    • Transaction code: OB41
    • Select the relevant document type and check the field status settings for the Contract Number.
  2. Field Status Variant Configuration (OBC4):

• Verify the field status variant used in client 500 to ensure that the Contract Number field is set as optional or required.
    • Transaction code: OBC4
    • Select the relevant field status variant and check the settings for the Contract Number field.
  3. Document Display Settings (FB03):

• When viewing the document (FB03) in client 500, check the layout settings to make sure that the Contract Number field is selected for display.
    • In FB03, go to 'System' -> 'User Profile' -> 'Own Data' -> 'Parameters' tab, and check if the field is marked for display.
  4. User-Specific Settings:

• Check if the issue is user-specific. Try logging in with a different user in client 500 and see if the Contract Number field appears.
    • If it's user-specific, the user might have specific display preferences that are causing the field to be hidden.
  5. Field Selection in Document Display (OB32):

• Check the field selection settings for the document display in client 500.
    • Transaction code: OB32
    • Select the document type and double-check the field selection settings.
  6. Compare System Settings:

• Compare the system settings between clients 400 and 500. Use transaction SCC4 to check and compare the settings for both clients.
  7. Debugging (If Necessary):

• If the issue persists, you may need to involve an ABAP developer to debug the program (FB03) and check why the Contract Number field is not being displayed in client 500.

Remember to thoroughly test any changes in a non-production environment before applying them to the production system. If the issue persists and you're unable to resolve it, consulting with your SAP Basis or ABAP support team may be necessary.

Bohdan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Latha Mathuri,

First point is not about document type settings. It is about posting key. But it's probably just a typo-error. The approach is the right one, but I would suggest that the first priority is to check field status group (OBC4) associated with GL account. The next priority is to check the field status associated with the posting key.

The relevance of point 3 is also dubious.

Regards,

Bohdan