cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass Splitting of PIR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear PP experts,

Is it possible to split the PIR of all the materials for which LSF is entered in MD61?

We have already entered the plan of around 50 FG materials in MD61 on monthly basis. Now we want to split the plan of all these materials into weekly basis.

I know the option in MD61 / MD62 wherein we can distribute the plan into weekly basis. But I could do it only for 1 material at a time. Is it possible to do the same for all the materials at one time?

Is there any configuration to be done for this?

Pl. suggest.

Regards,

Prashant

View Entire Topic
sundaresan_velayudam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can try in MD67, if you have already period split in week in your system then proceed executing , other wise

create a automatic splitting in OMPH mentioning NO of weeks and save

and then try to execute in MD67 with created period split by maintaining the list of material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sundaresan . E. V,

Thanks for the reply. There are no entries maintained in OMPH. Can you pl. explain me how the entry is to be maintained there and how the system behaves? I did not understand the F1 help provided.

Regards,

Prashant

sundaresan_velayudam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you have entered the 1 month plan and want to split it to week wise

then in OMPH enter split has WEEK and give the description & enter the No.Wks as 4 and save

and then in MD67 enter the period split WEEK and execute.

I would suggest test it in sand box and then do it in PRD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sundaresan . E. V ,

Thanks for the reply. I tried the way you suggested, but the PIR didnot split. Is there any more config setting or master setting which I am missing? Also pl. let me know the splitting takes place as per the quantities mentioned in the Plan or as per the batch size of the material.

For e.g for one material if the quantity planned is for 10 batches and for the other material ther is only one batch planned, then in such case how shall be the behaviour of the system for splitting the PIR?

Pl. revert back.

Regards,

Prashant

adelino_pereira
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Prashant,

You must make sure that the following three steps have been carried out before you can automatically split the independent requirements:

1. Maintain the period split for the automatic splitting (tcode OMPH).
  2. Assign period split to reference type or to MRP group (in the workstep "Assign version and split for automatically splitting the reference - tcode OMPA" or "Assign period split to MRP group - tcode OMPS"). 
  3. Create planned independent requirements using a reference (Version number for independent requirements) that has been allocated a period split in the above step.

Regards,

Adelino Pereira