cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Determination in SO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a business requirement wherein SAP should carry out material determination in sales order based on the Requested Delivery Date . I guess in standard SAP this is done on the order creation date.

How can this be done ?

View Entire Topic
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Ankur,

1.Mat determination is used To findout the available alternative materials for a material when the material is entered in the sales order.

2. you can configure it as follows:

IMG -> sd -> basic functions -> material determinations.

3. Also maintain condition records at VB11and Order reason at OVRQ.

4. Mat determination in sale order is triggered by material entered in the line item of the sales order.

5. In manual production selection, the system does not automatically replace the Material. Instead, it displays a list of all of the substitution materials and other information in the master record. You can then select the required material from this list.

6. To simplify selection, the system displays the material quantities that can be confirmed on the customer's requested delivery date. If a material cannot be confirmed fully for the requested delivery date, the system displays the date on which the material can be completely delivered.

(Note: We can also do a seperate, new Mat determination by copy cotrol configuration during the creation with reference.)

Hope this helps you.

kartefact
Participant
0 Kudos

Does Material determination/Product selection or aATP based Product substitution support one-to-many substitutions?

i.e.

If I have Product A, can we configure it in a way to substitute product A with product B, C and D creating new line items in the sales order based on stock availability of each material? 

e g.

If product A in plant 1 is requested for 100 quantity, but no stock is available, but there's 30 of product B in plant 1, 20 of product C in plant 2 and 50 of product D in plant 3 are available, then the one line item should get replaced as three line items in the sales order one line item for each of products B, C and D.

Is this achievable through standard configuration?

Another follow up question would be can we introduce custom logic somewhere to determine the ranking of the different substitute products for doing the substitutions e.g say based on batch characteristic?

Any clues appreciated. 

Regards,

Kartefact