cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating Legacy NON-SAP system to S4 HANA Financials Implementation Greenfield Implementation

0 Kudos

Hello-

My organization is planning to implement SAP S/4 Financials for several existing NON SAP applications.

Can you share high level approaches for implementation and provide some high level pros and cons.

Here are my ideas

1)Implement SAP S4 Central Finance since we are new to SAP

2)Implement SAP S4 Finance functionality - AR/GL/AP etc

Can I do a Order to Cash only phased implementation first? AR/Invoicing?

Can I then do a phase 2 of procure to pay? GL/AP/Purchase orders etc?

Are there options to do this by without implementing full SD functionality. By feeding the sales orders/purchase orders to SAP?

3)Implement full SAP S4 SD functionality for order to cash/procure to pay processes to unlock the value of SAP after we have matured as an organization and better understand how to use SAP.

4)What i I wanted to implement S4 HANA Finance and feed only invoice and purchase order information - is it process to complete full SAP Financials with this information. (I know MDM and other requirements exist)

Keep in mind I have non SAP applications that I need to feed to SAP and looking for a phased approach vs. big bang.

Thanks

Monte

View Entire Topic
NealTarditi
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have just published the following Blog that will give you some insight.Note that it only discusses SAP Source System functionality with CFIN.

As your Systems are non-SAP you would need the Magnitude Software to access your non-SAP Systems.

The Magnitude software accesses the non-SAP database and extracts the journals to the CFIN* tables in SLT. From there the CFIN functionality is the same for non-SAP and SAP source systems.

For Magnitude you would have to plan and schedule as it would take longer than if you had SAP Source Systems.

The Path to S/4HANA via Central Finance (CFIN) with Functional Details: A Mind Map