Day1 

PM Bom for classroom1, classroom2 and classroom3

component 1 projector Sony

component 1.1 projector bulb Sony

There are 3 classrooms with identical BoMs

Functional Locations are identical.

Day 3

BoM classroom 1

component 1 Projector Sony is replaced with Projector Panasonic.

According to Engineering, The fit, form and function of the projector is the same..same inputs/outputs etc.so no need to create

a new material for the projector. Material BoM for the classroom stays the same.

Problem is,  The bulb for the Panasonic projector is different to the Sony bulb.

I need to reflect a new component 1.1 bulb under the projector for this classroom only in PM

The 2 other classroom will keep the 'old' Sony projector

In the future of the classrooms, this scenario may happen with other subassemblies where the parent is

is interchangable but the repair items may differ.

I am trying to keep the number of BoMs to a minimum for configuration and reporting ease.

Is this easier to maintain at an Equipment BoM level?

Any experience of dealing with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

View Entire Topic
peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You could also use a material BOM with PM Assemblies (IBAUs) to denote the classrooms. Then assign the relevant materials to the IBAUs.

Not ideal, but it puts all the data in one place...

Similar post: http://scn.sap.com/message/13254616

PeteA

amy3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you for the reply Peter. I will test it later this week.

amy3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi again Pete,  Further onto PM Assemblies.... 

The 'Standard' build is determined by the BOM  type 4.  This is how we want the item to look when it is assembled up to the latest detail.  The FLOC is the 'as built' picture of what it looks like today.

We may have outstanding PM orders to do upgrades etc. to bring the 'as built' to the 'Standard'

If using PM assemblies, how is the  change state captured? It seems that using PM Assemblies would be difficult to capture.

I am really trying to get to a 'easy' way of capturing this 'should be' state to the 'as is' state and going down may blind alleys.  I have also tried using parameter effectivity BoMs but they do not seem to integrate ino PM readily.