Did you mean: 

OT Wage Type Valuation Basis on /001 and also a capping

tchan
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Currently the requirements of the OT payment calculation is as follows:-

Firstly,
the hourly rate of the client’s requirement = Monthly (Basic Salary + Fixed Shift Allowance) / monthly work hours

assuming hourly rate = (2000 + 300) / 169 = 2300 / 169 = 13.61 (this will be /001)

For OT payment,

Currently the data of OT hours wage type is stored in IT2010.

For a particular OT wage type, eg OT Type A formula is as follows:-

= OT hours in IT2010 X hourly rate (with a cap of 2100 on base amount)

= OT hours in IT2010 (wage type A) X 2100 / 169

For OT Type B, the formula will be no capping, as follows:-

= OT hours in IT2010 (wage type B) X 2300 /169

currently the configuration has the Basic Salary and Fixed Shift Allowance wage types added to /001 and /002 in processing class 01

OT wage type A and OT wage type B both assigned to valuation basis 01 and rate 100% in table V_T511

at the same time, I have created the capping limit amount ie 2100 as a constant in table V_T511K

My question is:-

What is the right way to get the correct OT payment amount for each of OT wage type A and OT wage type B above.
(NOTE: The hourly rate in /001 is used for other calculation as well besides OT. And only OT payment calculation has the capping limit requirement.)

Thanks.

Regards,

Dan

View Entire Topic
BGibbons
Active Contributor

Hi,

Unless I am misinterpreting your requirements I would take the following approach.

'/001' is your 'basic' hourly rate.

Your OT Type B attracts '/001' so no issue there.

For OT Type A the rate to be used might be '/001' or depending on if the cap kicks in, it will be something else.

So for OT Type A you need a different valuation basis for example '/005' which would be populated in a custom PCR.

bg