Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planned indipendent requirement (PIR) for sales KIT

matteo_bongiorno
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello all,

i would like to upload to the system PIR for the header material of a sales kit, to trigger production for the procurement of the material in its bill of material in a MTS prospective, before the real sales order is available. These components then will be shipped out in front of sales order managed with KIT with the same header material.

The issue i found is that is not possible to REDUCE the PIR of the header material because the deliveries does not make any movement for the header material, but only for the component material in the KIT.

i would like to avoid to manage the PIR directly for the production material, if possible.

Please advice.

Thanks.

View Entire Topic
kumar_semmalai
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Matteo,

I would suggest checking on planning strategies 50 (Planning without final Assembly), 60 (Planning with Planning Material), and 70 (Planning at Assembly level). you can choose the Planning strategies based on your business needs.

matteo_bongiorno
Participant
0 Kudos

hello kumar,

hello for the answser.

i've already investigated in these strategies but none fulfill my requirement. first of all the kit header material is never managed in stock, so strategies 50 ATO does not work. I prefer not to use strategy 70 on the components, because the sales forecast is on the header material. About strategy 60, the issue is the same than other strategies, because the reduction is triggered by the good movement and there is no good movement in this case.