cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Release strategy is picking wrongly in PR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We are facing issue in release strategy for purchase requisition. For travel scenario PR we are using Procedure with classification & overall release is set. Here Account assignment category 'K' is used. Here release strategy is defined based on

Document type, Purchase group, purchase organization & total value.

All release strategy is working fine, apart from particular purchase group release strategy. While creating PR system is picking the wrong release strategy.

For example, if i put the value of 14K GBP plus in the PR, system is showing release strategy for the value 2.5K. 

I have checked the configuration. Everything is defined correctly. And i have checked CL20N & CL24n value is maintained correctly.

System is picking T1 strategy instead of T6.

I have checked all the old threads, I didn't find any clue. System is behaving in strange way

Could anyone throw light on this?

Thanks & Regards

Subbu

View Entire Topic
JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

did you check your strategies with OMGSCK , was it error free?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen,

It is showing error but those release strategies & release groups were already deleted from the system.Current release strategy and release group i couldn't see in omgsck.

Regards

subbu..

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It would not show an error if the deletion was done correctly.

What do you see in table T16FS ?

Please read my blog

especially the section "No changes"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen,

The old entries were showing in the T16FS table. But old release strategy values were defined with numeric values. But current release strategy is defined with alpha numeric values. I couldn't find any repeated release strategy entries in those table.

More over when i enter other purchase group, the system is triggering correct strategy. I am facing this problem only for this purchase group...

If i enter the value above 2.5K system is triggering same release strategy.

Regards

Subbu

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP is just using the values from the PR and comparing it with the values and value ranges from your release classification. And based on the matching classification it finds the release strategy in T16FS .

So I think there is something really screwed up in your release strategy tables because of incorrect changes and deletions.

Provide screenshots from OMGSCK and from T16FS (sorted by FRGSX value, showing all 01 and 06 records)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen,

I have attached OMGSCK & T16FS screen shots. Issue is only for R2- Release group and Strategy T1 to T7.

Other strategies are triggering correctly. I am facing problem only for these 7 strategies... I have checked in CL20N. Everything is fine. Its really weird behavior.

Can you suggest on this?

Thanks & Regards

Subbu

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would actually not say "everything is fine" having 30 red traffic lights in a consistency check.

Double click one of these lines and you get more detail in a window below, click there the icon with the question mark to get the instruction what you have to do.

You deleted your strategies inconsistently, which means also that they all might have classification still existing. And the programs could have found a matching classification for these inconsistent strategies  and finally determined the wrong release group.

Better clear the situation, and get it green. If the error still exists, then come back again and show the change history of the PR.

former_member213836
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you show the screenshot of Release strategy R2/T3 or next level release which is above 2500 GBP?

Regards,

Niranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen,

Thanks for the reply. I have found out the problem its due to Table and field name (GFWRT) was missing for the particular characteristics. I have created new characteristics and assigned to the class. And i have done Cl20n

Now everything is working fine.

Regards

Subbu.