cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reverse Unplanned Depreciation in Difference Fiscal year

0 Kudos

Hi SAP experts,

In 2019, i run the unplanned depreciation as per require by the company. and due to change in accounting policy, in 2021 i need to reverse back the unplanned depreciation.

Could you guide me or give a suggestion how to reverse the unplanned depreciation that already posted in 2019 and reverse it in 2021?

P/s: We cannot open the 2019 period as this is our group policy.

moshenaveh
Community Manager
Community Manager
0 Kudos
Welcome and thanks for visiting SAP Community to get answers to your questions. While you're waiting for help, check out our tutorial to get started in SAP Community: https://developers.sap.com/tutorials/community-qa.html, as it provides tips for preparing questions that draw responses from our members.
For example, you can:
- outline what steps you took to find answers (and why they weren't helpful)
- share screenshots of what you've seen/done
- make sure you've applied the appropriate tags
The more details you provide, the more likely it is that members will be able to help you. Should you wish, you can revise your question by selecting Actions, then Edit.
By adding a picture to your profile you encourage readers to respond to your question. Learn more about your profile here: https://developers.sap.com/tutorials/community-profile.html
former_member618944
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Noor,

Happy to help you.

Kindly accept the answer if the solution helped resolve the query or issue.

Thanks and Regards,

Ratheesh M. Y.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member618944
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Noor,

There is no way to reverse a document in a different fiscal year. It is to not allowed by SAP standards because it would cause a serious inconsistency in asset accounts.

An option to be considered here is an opposite sign posting, making a copy of the transaction type and then posting it in the current open fiscal year 2021. However, before going ahead with this option the effects and implications should be explored with regard to impact in current fiscal year.

Thanks and Regards,

Ratheesh M. Y.

0 Kudos

Thank you for the explanation and concern. By the way, may i know in detail how to do making a copy then posting it in the current fiscal year?

Thank you in advance 🙂

Answers (0)