Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Routing Component Allocation from 2nd level BOM - Reg

former_member202646
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I'm trying to assign a component (From 2nd Level BOM) to ROUTING Operation number through BAPI_ROUTING_CREATE but couldn't be successful. I was able to assign 1st level components but not the 2nd level. I gave the BOM Number and other details similar to 1st level assignment but still the component allocation is unsuccessful. Kindly help me with the required details and it would be of great help

Best Regards

SenthilNathan Karunanithi

View Entire Topic
manickath
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Senthil,

Normally, the main reason for assigning the BOM components to the Routing Operation is for the consumption of the same through backflush when that operation is confirmed.

so when you create a production order, system is worried only on the consumption of the 1 st level components an and not the second level. So that might be the reason that any component which is not of level 1 is not allowed to be allocated to operation in routing.

If you wish you can try with the phantom assembly concept and see if that works for you.

Again this is based on my limited knowledge. But we can look for some answers from our Gurus.

BR

Manikanda

former_member202646
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

Thank you for your response.

Please refer the details I have posted now and I'm trying to assign the second level component because of the same reason only. Its a phantom and I'm trying to assign a component which is inside phantom

Best Regards

SenthilNathan Karunanithi