cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S/4HANA Cloud - Customer Return process for Sales Kits (BOM type 5)

Dirk
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have a problem with a customer return of a sales kit. The BOM type 5 of the kit looks ok, all sales documents, goods movement, shipment and invoice are ok.

When I try to create a customer return with the app Manage Customer Return the system will not allow to enter the amount of returned material, the quantity field is greyed out.

According to the best practice 5CX the subcomponents of the sales kit will be returned, the header item is quantity 0 and will be used for the credit note.

Other customer returns of components or assemblies are working fine. What is wrong with this sales kit?

The only strange thing I found is the coexistence of a valid BOM type 1 and 5 for this header material. Is this ok, or should the BOM type 1 be removed to make BOM type 5 work?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Dirk

View Entire Topic
Daiana_Feiten
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi dschuler_2020,
I have checked your request internally with development team and they mentioned the quantity field disabled is caused by the copy control is missing.

Can you please check if you have the following entries available in your system:
Set Copying Control: Sales Document to Sales Document

If you don't have, please request to activate scope item 5CX - Customer Returns for Sales Kits.

I hope this helps you.

Best regards,

Daiana.

Dirk
Participant

Hello Daiana,

thank you for this. Scope item 5CX is activated in our system. I checked settings in SSCUI 102905 and found the following entries:

This looks similar to your entries except the entries in Data Transfer and Copying Requirement. I do not know, if the "0000000" entry makes a difference.

Regards,

Dirk

Daiana_Feiten
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi dschuler_2020,

Thank you for checking in your system.

Can you please open an incident? We need to connect to the system and check further.

Best regards,

Daiana.