cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sales order with material batch managed in one plant & non-batch managed in another plant

raj44
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement where a sales order requirement needs to be fulfilled with same material batch managed in one plant & non-batch managed in another plant. I know in SAP S/4HANA we can make material batch managed in one plant and non batch managed in another plant and we can do transfer postings as well (material-to-material) transfer.

So for example- sales order quantity is for 50 litres, I have 25 litres of material ABC batch managed in plant A, 25 litres of material ABC non-batch managed in plant B. Therefore, in order to fulfill a requirement of 50 litres, can we transfer 25 litres of material ABC from plant B (non-batch managed) to plant A (batch managed) through a STO process and then fulfill requirement of 50 litres for the sales order from plant A? How can we handle the traceability requirements for 25 litres coming out of plant B (non-batch managed)?

Or is there a better way to handle the Sales Order process?

Please advise. Thanks!

View Entire Topic
Ahmadfurqoni68
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I think you can transfer from plant B to plant A. When you do GR in Plant A, it will require batch number. Material from plant B still on non batch, then you only can trace in material level. May be for your tracking when input batch number in plant A your can add prefix 'B' on batch number as an information where the batch come from.

raj44
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmad,

Thanks for the response. This is helpful. Would you know which exact movt. type we can use to transfer this material A from a non batch managed plant B to batch managed plant A?

Also, this any alternative way to handle this scenario apart from transfer posting/STO processes?

Ahmadfurqoni68
Participant

Hello,

you can use movement 301-E for 1 step transfer. If you use PO STO, create PO with account assignment E. I think if you want to transfer with inventory value and amount, you only have 2 options either transfer posting or PO STO.

raj44
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot! Also would like to check with you, are you aware of all possible options/tools available to upload existing/legacy batches in SAP?