Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BW for SAP S/4 HANA

former_member618733
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello,

Am trying to get the below info but stuck in the vast docs and unable to get the required, could you please help me out:

1. We have an existing landscape with SAP BW, not sure about the version and all, either the DB is HANA or RDBMS. Environment is not clear yet. But is there any limit that SAP BW 7.5 can't be on relational DB?

2. Plan is to move the External DWH on Oracle etc., to S/4 HANA for a new market. If this is the case, we need to build a new data model for SAP BW. How about the extraction part of it? Are ODP and CDS views applicable? What is the difference between them? Are the data sources not applicable if its SAP BW on HANA?

3. How to extract data to SAP BW on RDBMS from S/4 HANA source? Any other options?

View Entire Topic
john_hawk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sree,

First thing, your company needs to decide where its EDW (Enterprise Data Warehouse) is going to be - Your existing BW system or an expanded S/4 HANA system.

Yes, you can use S/4HANA tables and views, ODPs and CDS views as DataSources , if your version of BW is high enough. Otherwise, you will be limited to using generic DataSources on tables and views.

If your BW system is not on HANA, your users may think your are "going backward" with higher performance in the source S/4HANA system.The scenario only makes sense as a bridging strategy if you must delay your migration to BW on HANA or BW/4HANA until after S/4HANA is implemented AND you will be using your BW system to integrate data from multiple sources.

If you define or end strategy first, the path becomes more obvious.

I hope this helps,

John Hawk

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have BW on HANA 7.5 and ECC has to be migrated to s/4 hana.Please consider what are guidelines to be considered as BW consultant.?